Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Razorlight

Razorlight are one of Britain’s famous Indie bands. Indie is an abbreviation of the word Independent. It means that the bands are either not signed up at all by a record label or that the record label they are signed to is very small.
I have chosen to investigate this band as I found out that the band lived and worked near to where I live. Something that i found very interesting when doing some research into Razorlight was that they spent six months rehearsing in a decaying factory space in East London. From research I have done I believe that this epitomizes the indie kind of living. The way that everything is done a small budget yet great enjoyment is made out of it.
The band did end up getting signed by Mecury records in the end. However they are still known as an INDIE band due to their style and fashion. They carried in the same kind of music which is known as INDIE ROCK. The phrase Indie has changed over time as now Indie is not just the way people record their music, but about their beliefs, views, style, style of music, fashion and much more.
 Razorlight is the album when many of the original Razorlight fans lost interest in the band, and some accused them of 'selling-out' by diluting their raw, edgy rock sound to cater for a new, radio-friendly mainstream audience. This is often a problem for bands who are trying to become successful globally that their band changes in order to fit a wider demographic however whilst doing this Alienating the original band followers and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment