Friday, 10 December 2010

Effects.

On my double page spread i used the brush tool and the rubber tool to give my article an older, vintage look. I set the brush tool and the eraser to the leaf tool then went about rubbing out the edges of the grey of the article. I then used the brush to fill in places wear i had taken to much out of the block and then also added some leaves around the article to make them look scattered and realistic.

I contrasted, lightened added exposure and sharpen the image of my model on the front cover as this makes the model looks better, gives the magazine a more professional look and also makes the model more welcoming to the reader.
This is what the photo looked like before the editing.
Although I believe this look is good i thought that it lacked quality of a real magazine and after i believe the whole look was transformed.
This is the final product with the editing and a change in font which i thought looked better  with the change in photo quality.


For my double page spread I had one main photo covering the whole of the spread. It was therefore imperative that I got the effects and image to top quality always my magazine would look disastrous. This was my original photo 


I was happy to use this photo as i thought it was a nice capture. I did however need to make some changes. My model was to centralised for a double page spread meaning it would be awkward to try and fit the text all around him. I therefore had to drag the picture to the left and then made the picture bigger. This allowed me to give the picture more of a focus on the model and also put him more to the left allowing him to be the main image on the page 18.
I once again contrasted, lightened, sharpened the image and added a vintage effect to the photo which allowed me to appeal to that target audience and also give it a more professional different look.
When I added the text boxes and used the grey box i then set about making it look more rustic by using the leaf eraser and leaf brush which allowed me to get the effect of the article looking like it is going to fall off or being hand made. After I had done this I realised the writing was to  hard to see so changed the box from a mid grey to a light grey therefore making my text much easier to see, whilst till fitting in with the colour from the front cover and the my models Indie styled jumper.


No comments:

Post a Comment